Friday, August 5, 2011

Where Have I Been? What Happened to July?

Oh. My. Goodness.

Almost a month has passed since my last post? What the heck happened to July? It was here one minute, and the next minute it's August already.

I have a ton of excuses. You want to hear them? It's been a crazy summer. The kids and their activities keep me busy. The weather was hellishly hot for awhile there (and my sewing/crafting area is in the hottest part of the house where air conditioning cannot reach). I had a bout with a stomach bug.

All those excuses are true, but mainly what happened is that I started a bigger project. One that I'm not ready to reveal. The best I can offer you is this little glimpse:



This is just a small part of it. Are you intrigued? I'm getting closer to being ready for the big reveal. Stay tuned for that!

In the meantime, I think I found a new obsession: polymer clay. How is it that I've never played with this stuff before? I found this tutorial via Pinterest:



And I thought, "Hey, that looks pretty easy. I could do that!" So I bought myself some clay, played with it for awhile, and here's what I ended up with:


Aren't they cute? Have I mentioned before how obsessed I am with birds? 

So now I can't wait to get myself some more clay and see what I can make. It's so much fun!

Until next time,

Megan

1 comment:

  1. Oh no you di'int! Do not say you just added a possible crafting medium into my mix of too many things!

    ReplyDelete

Not to sound needy, but I LOVE comments. Go ahead, leave one!