Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Finished It!

Some time last fall, I promised my sister that I'd make matching dresses for my nieces. She bought the fabric, and it went into my "to do" pile. Then Christmas came, and I got carried away with making tons of gifts. Then there was Valentine's day, and I got carried away with making decorations. And then there was spring, and, well, you've seen what I've been up to. So the fabric was sitting there, making me feel guilty every time I saw it. 

And the thing is, the pattern I use is so simple. It only takes about 1 1/2 hours to make a dress. I've made several for Eliza. It's the Sweet Dress pattern from Leila and Ben. You can find it here: http://leilaandben.com/sweetdress.htm I highly recommend the pattern. It is very versatile. There are so many little tweaks you can do to change it up. I have the baby size and the 12 month - 5T. And word on the street has it that they will soon be coming out with a pattern for even bigger sizes, sizes 6-10.

A few months ago, I finally got around to making the dress for my youngest niece, Ruby (age 2). I also cut the fabric for my oldest niece, Cora (age 4). But then I got distracted again. That happens a lot. So finally, last week, I sat down and finished Cora's dress too.

For both dresses, I followed the pattern exactly. I didn't add anything extra, but I like the simplicity of the dress. Plus, I didn't want to make my sister wait any longer while I putzed around with ruffles or whatever. So here is the picture of Cora's finished dress. I already gave Ruby's dress to my sister, so I don't have a picture of it. But it is exactly the same, only smaller.

Cute, ain't it? I can't wait to see them in their matching dresses. Hopefully my sister will take a picture. Who am I kidding? My sister is a photographer. Of course she'll take a picture.

Until next time, 

Megan

3 comments:

Not to sound needy, but I LOVE comments. Go ahead, leave one!