Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!


So I'm a bit of a procrastinator. Oh, ok. I'm a lot of a procrastinator. In fact, I put the pro in procrastination. I finally got around to making my Father's Day gifts yesterday last night. So instead of posting ideas and inspiration for Father's Day gifts with, I don't know, TIME LEFT TO STILL MAKE THEM, you get a post just showing you what my hubby got from me and the kiddos. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to file away the ideas for next year. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I started the day by letting my husband sleep as late as he wanted. But that's not too special because we have a deal where I get to sleep in on Saturdays, and he sleeps in on Sundays. Then I made him his very own plate of bacon. I'm talking an entire package of bacon, just for him. Those of you who know him would not be surprised to know that he ate almost all of it (I think there were four slices left).
Mmmmm... bacon. Now my house smells like bacon.

Next, he got his gifts. First, I made this print for him to hang in his man cave:

Safety Dance by Men Without Hats is one of my husband's favorite songs of all time. This poster just puts a smile on my face.

Then came the t-shirts. First of all, the obligatory "Dad" shirt. Because he truly is the best dad ever.

I used the Silhouette flocked heat transfer vinyl. Love this stuff! Can you see how it is a little fuzzy? It's awesome!

Then I made him a Dr. Who t-shirt. The hubbinator is a huge fan, and he was really excited about this shirt. I have a feeling this one will get a lot of wear.
This was my first time overlapping two different colors. I wasn't sure if there was anything special I needed to do. But I just did the red right on top of the blue and didn't have any problems. 

Finally, for something a little extra, I gave him this:

It's a little hard to read because I couldn't get all the words in one camera angle (a design flaw on my part, lol), but it says, "Best pop ever!" and "Happy Father's Day!" I was inspired by this post at Oopsey Daisy. I would have just used her free printable, but I couldn't find Coca Cola within our strict budget price range, so instead I bought a 2-liter of the bargain soda, then I whipped this little design up and printed it out on card stock. It didn't wrap all the way around the bottle, but I just taped it on anyway. It got the point across and was kind of cute.

So anyway, that's what my hubby got for Father's Day, along with some time to watch golf and play video games. I hope he enjoyed it!

Until next time,

Megan

I linked up at:

Somewhat Simple

3 comments:

  1. Very cute ideas! I love the soda bottle label especially :)

    working on my own blog too :)

    thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just reminding everyone about tonights link party that runs Friday evening through Mondays!
    I also have an ongoing give away link party now too.
    Hope to see you soon.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
    come strut your stuff
    mmmm.... bacon

    ReplyDelete

Not to sound needy, but I LOVE comments. Go ahead, leave one!