Friday, June 10, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray! The Kylinator Is a 1st-Grader!

On Wednesday night, Kyle had a request. "Make me a graduation cake!" he demanded. Thursday was his last day of kindergarten, after all. 

"But you don't even like cake," I reminded him.

"But I like frosting!" he said.

"So why don't I make you a bowl of graduation frosting?" I asked.

Kyle just rolled his eyes. "Oh, just make a cake, Mom," he answered with exasperation.

And so, I surprised him with a cake yesterday. Nothing special. Just a box of cake mix and store-bought frosting. Not everything needs to be homemade, right? 

Of course, I couldn't just leave well enough alone. I fired up the silhouette to make a little banner for the cake. Something a little celebratory. 

Last night, we ate cake and sang "Happy Graduation to You!" Well, some of us ate cake. Kyle just ate the frosting. I still think he was happy with his cake. Don't you?

1 comment:

Not to sound needy, but I LOVE comments. Go ahead, leave one!